Here you can see the full list of changes between each twilio-python release.
Released January 26, 2017:
- Add iter method for messages
Released September 19, 2016:
- Add Video Grant
Released September 1, 2016:
- Add Voice Grant
Released February 29, 2016:
- Add support for API Key auth
Released January 28, 2016:
- Add support for filter_friendly_name in WorkflowConfig
- Load reservations by default in TaskRouter
Released December 17, 2015:
- Add support for IP Messaging
Released December 11, 2015:
- Remove pyjwt dependency
Released December 8, 2015:
- Update Access Tokens so that NBF is a optional parameter
Released December 3, 2015:
- Add Access Tokens
Released November 25, 2015:
- Fix for SIP Trunking bug
Released November 18, 2015:
- Addresses bug with SMS Pricing country
Released November 3, 2015:
- Add support for SIP Trunking
- Add support for SMS pricing
- Add /Keys endpoint
Released September 23, 2015:
- Allow fetching TaskRouter reservations by Worker
- Add missing Enqueue->Task TwiML generation
- Add Worflow construction
Released August 11, 2015:
- Add support for new Taskrouter JWT Functionality, JWTs now grant access to - Workspace - Worker - TaskQueue
Released May 19, 2015:
- Add support for the beta field to IncomingPhoneNumbers and AvailablePhoneNumbers
Released May 14, 2015:
- Add support for Call Status Events in TwiML
Released May 7, 2015:
- Add support for the Twilio Monitor APIs: Events and Alerts
Released May 6, 2015:
- Add support for the Twilio Pricing API
Released April 16, 2015:
- Remove the deprecated count function from ListResource
Released March 31, 2015:
- Support for the new Twilio Lookups API
Released March 10, 2015:
- Add missing docstrings and examples for TaskRouter
Released February 24, 2015:
- Restore Tokens resource to TwilioRestClient
Released February 20, 2015:
- Restore Python 2.6 and 3.x support
Released February 18, 2015:
- Add TaskRouterClient and resources to support the new TaskRouter API
- Stop prepending numeric error code to exception error messages
Released January 14, 2015
- Update request construction for Tokens
Released December 22, 2014
- Specify Python 3 dependencies in wheel package
Released November 24, 2014
- Fix compatibility issue for Python 3.4
Released November 21, 2014
- Add support for the new Tokens endpoint
Released November 13, 2014
- Add support for DELETE to Call and Message records
- Add support for redacting Message body fields
Released October 30, 2014
- Add Python 3.4 support
- Add wheel packaging
- Fix compatibility with earlier Python 2 releases
Released October 9, 2014
- Remove unneeded unittest2py3k dependency.
- Restore backwards-compatible exception import paths.
Released August 6, 2014
- Fix Python 2.5 compatibility.
- Add CallFeedback resources.
- Typo fixes and formatting cleanup.
- Refactor exception hierarchy and imports.
- Documentation improvements.
Released on February 27, 2014
- Previously the error message was set based on the tty value; instead now we detect tty when you try to print the error message. The msg property of the exception is set to a decent value.
- twilio-python now uses entirely relative imports, so it may be easier to include it as a part of another package.
- Remove unittest2 dependency.
- Tests no longer run against Python 2.5.
- update(), delete() work on Application, Transcription and UsageTrigger instance classes.
Released November 5, 2013
- Adds support for the ‘digits’ attribute of Play verbs in TwiML creation.
- Updates documentation for Message TwiML verb
- Bugfix for tty detection in error formatting
Released October 21, 2013
- Adds support for filtering by type to IncomingPhoneNumbers.
- Adds support for filtering for mobile numbers to both IncomingPhoneNumbers and AvailablePhoneNumbers.
Released on September 24, 2013
- Adds support for HTTP and SOCKS4/5 proxies to the REST client.
Version 3.6.0, 3.6.1¶
Released on September 18, 2013
- Adds support for the new Message and SIP resources to the REST API client.
- Adds support for the new Message verb to the TwiML generator.
Version 3.5.3, 3.5.4¶
Released on September 6, 2013
- twilio-python now includes an SSL certfication file to ensure that connections to api.twilio.com don’t fail with SSLError.
Released on August 26, 2013
- You can now delete transcriptions
Released on May 21, 2013
- Fixes an issue in the 3.5.0 release where null dates would cause the library to raise a TypeError.
Released on May 21, 2013
- date_created and date_updated objects are now returned as Python datetime.datetime objects instead of as RFC 2822 formatted strings. This is a backwards incompatible change. (via [@abrinsmead](/abrinsmead))
- The library will not throw a UnicodeDecodeError when parsing API responses with Python 3.
- You can pass integers to Twiml arguments. (via [@jvankoten](/jvankoten))
- Ensuring the tests always pass on Python 3. (via [@ftobia](/ftobia))
- Add the list of AUTHORS
- Fixes a timing attack vector in signature validation. (via [@zacharyvoase](/zacharyvoase))
Released on April 1, 2013
Allow the Account object to access usage records and usage trigger data, in addition to the client. Reporter: Trenton McManus
Adds support for Sip
Adds correct dependencies to the setup.py file.
Released on January 2, 2013
Adds a convenience function to retrieve the members of a queue by running client.members(“QU123”).
- Fix a bug where participants could not be kicked from a Conference
- Add support for Queue. Fix a bug where the library wouldn’t work in Python 2.5
- Fix an error introduced in 3.3.7 that prevented validation calls from succeeding.
- Use next_page_uri when iterating over a list resource
- Allow arbitrary keyword arguments on resource creation and listing
- Remove doc/tmp directory which was preventing installation on certain Windows machines
- Add Travis CI integration
- Update httplib2 dependency
Released on January 18, 2011
- Fix a bug with the deprecated TwilioRestClient.request method
- Fix a bug in filtering SMS messages by DateSent
Released on December 16, 2011
- Allow both unicode strings and encoded byte strings in request data
- Add support for SMS and Voice application sids to phone number updating
- Fix documentation error relating to phone number purchasing
- Include doc string information for decorated functions
Released on November 3, 2011
- Support unicode characters when validating requests
- Add support for Great Britain language on the Say verb
- Set Sms Application, Voice Application, and/or a Friendly Name when purchasing a number
- Add missing parameters for resource creation and update
Released on September 29, 2011
- TwiML verbs can now be used as context managers
Released on September 27, 2011
- Allow phone numbers to be transferred between accounts and subaccounts
Released on September 21, 2011
- Add support for Twilio Connect. Connect applications and authorized Connect applications are now availble via the REST client.
- Fix a problem where date and datetimes weren’t coverted to strings when querying list resources